Sunday, April 21, 2013

Hunger Fit


So for the past few days I’ve been pretty damn mindful of my eating and saying no to myself a lot.  Right now I’m eating a 6oz container of Fage 0% yogurt and a bowl of grapes, and blueberries.  Sometimes the need for a slice of apple pie from Blue Stove is like needing water after a workout.  Yesterday I was saying no to myself left and right and I had a long day of running around the city.  Luckily, I threw a washed apple in my bag because by 4:00 p.m. I was famished.   Just a piece of advice, always carry snacks with you like a washed apple, or raw nuts.  When I get into a hunger fit and I have an apple in my bag, it’s always super satisfying and it keeps me from buying roasted nuts on the street or mini cupcakes from Baked by Melissa (No’s from yesterday).   Even a sandwich with almond butter or natural peanut butter is good to carry around because it doesn’t go bad.  I carry snacks for my son all the time so what’s good for him is good for me too.

Today I want to get a 25 minute run in.  If you’re trying to start an exercise routine START SMALL!  Sorry I didn’t mean to yell but i’m really reminding myself.  I always want to be where I was or what I see around me but it can be overwhelming.  For running, I would suggest making time goals instead of distance goals.  I started the week with a 10 minute run and ended the week with a 20 minute run.   A little goes a long way.  

No comments:

Post a Comment