Thursday, April 18, 2013

Running for Peace


You know what I love about running? I love that you can have a million thoughts and a million worries but after a run you feel clear headed.  I don’t know anyone who has ever been able to hold onto thoughts after a run.  I also feel like it clears everything out so God can speak to me. 

After my run today I felt really emotional about the Boston Marathon bombing. When I ran my first half marathon I remember seeing the finish line and feeling so happy.  I sprinted across that finish line because I wanted to finish strong and fly to my goal.  I felt supported.  I felt loved.  I felt God.  I think this is a time where I can contribute with my prayers, kind words, or a positive action.  I want to run 26.1 miles before May 5th for all those affected by this tragedy.  



No comments:

Post a Comment