Monday, May 6, 2013

100 Miles of Joy


One step seriously feels like a 100 miles sometimes.  Today I was so so very resistant to go for a run.  It was like my body was screaming GO HOME!!  I stretched for about 15 minutes and not yoga stretching more like the person at the track who is watching everyone and barely stretching.  I told myself just run for 10 damn minutes Theresa.  I finally negotiated with myself to run a few laps.  I don’t know what happened but I was able to run two miles.  What’s with that noise in our head?!  I mean really. It’s overbearing sometimes.  Sometimes I just want to say, “Shut the F up!”  But I have to treat that part of me called blah blah with kindness and patience because blah blah will strike back with good ol resistance, “I”M not doing IT!”

Fast Forward 1 week later......

This was the blog I was working on last week and boy how a few days of running really changes things.  I’m feeling really good.  I did a race this past weekend and it was the perfect first race of the year because it was for a wonderful cause and it was under three miles.  Today I went on a two mile run and it wasn’t easy but I pushed through it.  A dear friend of mine reminded me that he noticed I’m happiest when I’m writing and running. It was great to be told this because sometimes I forget what’s personal to me and brings me joy.  So I’m grateful to this friend.  

2 comments:

  1. So true. If we could just squash the noise in our head saying NO we would rock! I'm proud you squashed your inner voice for a little while.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Yeah resistance is seriously the devil. :) It's amazing how great it feels after pushing through the negative thoughts. I will seriously fight with myself for a good 10 minutes before I exercise. Thank you for the encouragement!!

      Delete