Friday, March 21, 2014

Tummy Time for Mommy

Okay, it’s about that time.  As most of you know I’m a new mom for the second time and although I’m truly grateful for my little marshmallow, I’m a bit overwhelmed.  I have forgotten or actually abandoned myself in trying to take care of everyone else’s needs before my own. In my mind if Ellison, Adjei and Joaquin are happy and healthy then that will trickle down to me.  The reality of it is I keep getting sick, I’m angry with my husband, and I want to move to Texas.  That’s the truth. 


Shit damn it’s hard to take care of yourself during change.  I can start with baby steps, tummy time for mommy.  For those of you who have never heard of tummy time it’s when you put the baby on their belly so they can practice holding their head up to strengthen their neck.  So there are a few things that bring me a lot of peace.  First is prayer.  Second is eating more fruits and vegetables and tracking what I eat because I suffer from eating amnesia.  Third, is exercise and fourth is writing.  I will keep this all in mind today to take baby steps with my self-care.  Here I go!

No comments:

Post a Comment